USER MANUAL | SENSE-U BABY
SENSE-U® BABY MONITOR
1 READ ME FIRST
- The Sense-U Baby monitor is not a medical device so it is not intended to prevent or monitor a disease, or condition such as Obstructive Apnea.
- Clip Sense-U Baby onto snug fit sleepwear (diaper/pants/etc), right next to belly button, with baby silkscreen in the same direction as your baby to avoid false breathing alarm and wrong position readings.
- One Sense-U Baby monitor can only connect to one smart device at any one time.
- To avoid disconnection issue, make sure the Sense-U app is running in foreground before you lock the screen and go to sleep.
- Bluetooth of your smart device needs to turn on to connect. Note: For Android phones, please make sure Location is enabled for the Sense-U App in Settings->Connections->Location, and Settings->Apps->Sense-U Baby->Permissions. Or else it may not be able to pair to the device.
- To receive audible alarms on your smartphone, notifications need to switch on for the Sense-U app in Settings->Notifications->Sense-U Baby. For Android device, make sure Media Volume is switched on in Settings->Sounds and vibration->Volume. Make sure your smartphone is not in Do Not Disturb
- Movement from external sources such as being pushed in a bassinet or travelling in a vehicle may be detected by Sense-U Baby’s device. Sense-U Baby should not be relied upon where external sources of movement are present.
- The monitored baby must sleep in his/her own separate bed as the monitor may detect the abdominal movement of any other person sharing the bed with the baby, and will not alarm as long as it detects movement.
1.2 Fitting Guide
Important: Snug fit sleepwear(diaper/pants/etc) is essential for the operation of the Sense-U Baby. The sleepwear should fit snugly on the baby with the Sense-U baby device clipped around belly button. Make sure baby silkscreen on the device is in the same direction as baby's body position to avoid wrong position readings.
Loose fitting sleepwear may cause the monitor to lose contact with the baby and false alarm. If baby sleeps on their side or stomach, the Sense-U Baby should be placed off-center of the navel and the mattress. (Snug fit sleepwear is important to avoid false alarms.)
2.1 Intended Use
The Sense-U Baby is a wearable baby monitor which safely and conveniently monitors your baby’s abdominal breathing, sleeping position, temperature while sleeping and sends audible alarms to your paired smartphone when something happens.
2.2 Usage Environment
- The Sense-U Baby is not suitable for co-sleeping or bed sharing.
2.3 Parts Identification
- Temperature Tip
- Body Temp: Temperature tip towards the body
- Ambient Temp: Temperature tip towards the air
- Clip Accessory
3.1 Pairing with your Smart Device
Download the free Sense-U App for iOS and Android, register a free Sense-U account, and pair to your Sense-U device following the instructions in the app.
* Bluetooth of your smart device needs to turn on to connect. For Android phones, please make sure Location is enabled for the Sense-U App in Settings->Connections->Location and Settings->Apps->Sense-U Baby->Permissions. Or else it may not be able to pair to the device.
* To pair to another smartphone, you need to log out the Sense-U app on the paired smartphone first.
* The communication distance is up to 50ft (15m) in open space. Firewall or obstacles in between may affect the distance dramatically.
3.2 Fitting your Sense-U Device
Snap the Sense-U baby monitor into the ring of the clip accessory, then attach the clip accessory onto diaper to the full extent of the clip. Make sure the Sense-U baby monitor is close to baby’s tummy around the belly button area, and the baby silkscreen is in the same direction as baby's body position to avoid false breathing alarms and wrong sleeping position readings.
To remove the Sense-U baby device from the ring accessory, please hold the ring and only push from the back of the baby device, as shown below.
* Avoid bending the tip of the ring accessory which may break the ring.
3.3 Sense-U App at a Glance
- Breathing Reading
- < 5/min: weak breathing detected
- --(dash): stronger movement than breathing detected
* Breathing alert needs to switch on in Sense-U App->Setup->Manage Alerts.
- Sleep Position: Back/stomach/left/right
- Body Temp: Temperature tip towards baby’s skin (only available for Body Temperature Version). Please allow up to 10 minutes before the final reading becomes stable.
- Ambient Temp: Temperature tip towards the air
- Pop-up Alert Message
- Setup Menu
- Alerts On/Off Button
- On: All alerts are switched on
- Off: All alerts are switched off
* To receive audible alarms, notifications need to switch on for the Sense-U app in Settings->Notifications->Sense-U Baby. For Android device, make sure Media Volume is switched on in Settings->Sounds and vibration ->Volume. Make sure your smartphone is not in Do Not Disturb mode.
- Breathing Alert Settings
- On/Off: Breathing alert needs to switch on to enable breathing reading and breathing alert.
- Activation Period: Increase this period from 15 up to 35 seconds for different breathing pattern.
- Rollover Alert Setting
- Temperature Alert Settings
3.1) Ambient Temp: Temperature tip towards the air to measure ambient temperature around baby’s body.
Recommended Values: Measured temp +/- 3oC or 6oF
3.2) Body Temp (Body Temperature Version):
HIGH TEMP: 38oC or 100.4 oF
LOW TEMP: Measured temperature +/- 3oC or 6oF
- Units: Fahrenheit/Celsius
- Recommended Values: Measured temperature +/- 3oC or 6oF
- Temperature Drop Alert Settings
Recommended Value: 3oC or 6oF
3.4 Alerts On/Off Button
The Sense-U Baby can be switched on and off directly from the App while your baby is not sleeping (such as while breast feeding, changing the baby’s diaper, tummy time, etc). It provides you the convenience of preventing false alarms and saving power by switching the device to ultra-low power mode.
3.5 Indicator Lights
- Snug fit sleepwear (diaper/pants/etc) is essential for accurate monitoring. Loose fitting sleepwear may cause the monitor to lose contact with the baby and false alarm.
- The baby silkscreen on the device should be in the same direction as your baby to avoid false breathing alarm and wrong position readings.
- If baby sleeps on their side or on stomach, the Sense-U Baby should be placed off-center of the navel and the mattress.
4.1 Battery Life & Indicator
The Sense-U Baby uses CR2032 coin battery and the battery life can be up to 1 month, depending on usage and other settings.
By tapping the On/Off button in the app, the battery indicator light will flash GREEN when the battery level is ok and flash RED when the battery level is lower than 20%.
When the On/Off button is switched off, the monitor device is in sleep mode and consumes the least power.
4.2 Changing Battery
When it is time to change the battery, follow the steps below:
- Squeeze the edge of the device until you can insert the blue plastic pry bar(in the package) into it and slide along the circle to open the case.
- Insert the coin battery into the battery compartment ensuring the "+" side of the battery is toward the air.
5.1 Cleaning and Storage
- The monitor is splash resistant, not waterproof. Do not immerse in water. If it gets wet, dry it off immediately.
- Gently wipe with a damp cloth to remove any dirt. A mild soap may be used for stubborn dirt.
- To prolong battery life:
- Take off the Sense-U Baby when it is not in use and switch off all alarms from the Sense-U app.
- Remove the battery if it will not be used for long time.
1. Where to wear your Sense-U monitor? Clip Sense-U onto your baby's sleepwear(diaper/pants/etc), right next to his/her belly button to accurately pick up abdominal breathing movement. Snug fit clothing is essential for accurate monitoring.
2. What does double-shaking mean?
Shake the device twice. It initiates Bluetooth pairing and you should be able to see light flashing from the device.
3. My device does not flash when I double shake it.
Replace with a new CR2032 coin battery using the blue plastic pry bar in the package.
4. The device cannot pair to my smartphone.
Steps to troubleshoot the pairing issue:
STEP 1. If the indicator does not flash at all when double shaking it, remove the battery and plug in again. Replace with a new battery if still no light turns on.
STEP 2. If the indicator only flashes GREEN once when double shaking it, it means it is already connected to a smartphone or tablet. Log out that device before pairing to a new smartphone.
STEP 3. If the indicator light flashes BLUE but still cannot pair, check if Bluetooth is enabled on your smartphone, then move your device closer to smartphone and try again. If it still does not work, try with another smartphone to see if it is Compatibility issue.
5. The baby monitor cannot stay connected to my smartphone.
Steps to troubleshoot the connection issue:
STEP 1. Move your smartphone closer to the baby device.
STEP 2. Check the battery level in Sense-U App->Setup-> Sense-U Breathing and replace the battery if necessary.
STEP 3. Alternatively, get a Sense-U Base Station which allows you to see your baby's vitals from anywhere. It is available at www.sense-u.com.
6. There is no breath reading in the app.
In default, breathing monitoring is turned off for power saving purpose. Switch it on from App->Setup->Manage Alerts->Breathing Alert and the breathing reading will show up in several minutes. Restart your smart device and reopen the Sense-U app if still no luck.
7. The device goes off while my baby is breathing fine.
Make sure the device is clipped on snug fit clothing. Meanwhile, you can adjust Activation Period in App->Setup->Manage Alerts->Breathing Alert for different breathing patterns.
8. There is no audible alarm when alarm goes off.
To receive audible alarms, notifications need to switch on for the Sense-U app in Settings->Notifications->Sense-U Baby. Make sure your smartphone is not in Do Not Disturb mode.
9. The device disconnects from the Sense-U Baby app when the app runs in the background.
Make sure there is no RAM-consuming apps running in foreground (e.g video, games etc) when the device is in use.
if it still doesn't work, get a Sense-U Base Station which allows you to see your baby's vitals from anywhere. It is available at www.sense-u.com.
10. The Sense-U Baby app stops working when it runs in the background.
Make sure there is no RAM-consuming apps running in foreground (e.g video, games etc) when the device is in use
Customers use this monitor at their own risk and Sense-U Inc., its members, employees, agents, contractors, representatives, manufacturers, distributors and associates shall not be held liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by the customer or any other person arising from, or in connection with, the use or manufacture of the monitor, including loss, damage or injury suffered by the customer or any other person as a result of any defects in respect of the monitor, and all warranties, and any other liability from whatsoever cause arising, are hereby excluded and the customer hereby indemnifies Sense-U Inc. in respect of any such liability.
Sense-U promises a 30-day Money Back Guarantee for this product and a 1-year Limited Warranty from the original date of purchase, verified by a sales receipt. Our warranty liability shall be limited to replacing the unit free of charge and does not include transport costs. Our guarantee extends to all countries in which this product is supplied. By the act of operating this product, the user accepts all resulting liability. We reserve the right to modify the provisions of this guarantee at any time without notice. This guarantee does not cover the battery, incorrect application, tampering, misuse or transport damage.
*Avoid sandwiching clothing or other material between the clip/ring accessory and the sensor device. It may break the accessory and introduce false alarms at your own risk.
9 CONTACT US
You are always welcome to contact us directly from our in-app help page (App->Setup->Help->Feedback) or email us at INFO@SENSE-U.COM. We offer 24x7 prompt and professional customer services.
10 NEW ARRIVALS
If you have connection issue with your Sense-U Baby, or are interested in more Sense-U products, please visit www.sense-u.com.